UIDAI Aadhaar card: If you’re a citizen of India, and haven’t heard about Aadhaar, then you’re probably living under a rock. Aadhaar, after it’s launch in 2009 has become one of the most important document to posses for all the citizens of India. If you still don’t have an Aadhaar card then you’re in the minority 2% of the total population of India who still doesn’t have their Aadhaar cards. This figure is a testament to the popularity of Aadhaar in the country.
If you don’t know what an Aadhaar card is, worry not, here’s every information on Aadhaar that you need to know.
What is Aadhaar card?
Basically, Aadhaar card is an identity card containing a 12-digit UID code or Unique Identity Number, which is mandatory for all the Indian citizens to have. This number contains all the details about the person having it and it’s secured by biometrics, like fingerprint and retina prints. The Government of India has made it mandatory for all the citizens to link their Aadhaar card with their PAN card, bank accounts, SIM cards, and all the other important documents. Here’s more information on the last dates to link your Aadhaar card to all the services.
Now that you know what is UIDAI Aadhaar card, it’s time that you know how you can apply for one if you haven’t done already.
How to apply for UIDAI Aadhaar card
Here’s how you can apply for an Aadhaar card:
- Open the UIDAI website or click here.
- Find an option that says Locate Enrolment & Update Centers and click on it.
- Fill in the details asked and the verification code.
- Once you’re done, you’ll have the complete list of the enrolment centers present in your area.
- Select a center that’s near to the place to visit the place and get yourself enrolled in Aadhaar scheme.
- Now take all the required documents and visit the enrolment center and get yourself enrolled.
Documents required for Aadhaar enrolment
- Voter’s ID card
- Ration card
- Arms License
- PAN card
- Kisan Photo Passbook
- NREGS job card
- Government issued ID card
- Photo ID from a recognized educational institute.
- Bank passbook
- Ration card
- Voter’s ID
- Driving License
- Utility bills
- Insurance policy
- Property tax bill
- Credit Card Statement
- Government issues photo ID
Proof of Date of Birth
- 10th certificate
- Municipality issued birth certificate
- PAN card
- Pension payment order
- Certificate of DoB attested by a gazetted officer
Check your Aadhaar status
Once you’ve enrolled for Aadhaar card, you might need to check it’s status. Here’s how to do it.
- Open UIDAI website or click here.
- Click on Check Aadhaar status.
- Fill in your enrollment id and the date and time of enrollment.
- Once done click on Check status.
- You’ll get your Aadhaar card status.
- Also, you can get to know the Aadhaar status through your phone by calling the Aadhaar helpline. Click here to get all the Aadhaar helpline numbers.
If you want to know detailed information on how you can check Aadhaar status online, please visit – How to check Aadhar Card Status online: All you need to know
How to download your E Aadhaar card
- First, visit the UIDAI website or click here.
- Then click on Download Aadhaar.
- Fill in the details and click on submit.
- Once you do that, you’ll get the Aadhaar card in pdf format.
- To open the pdf you need to enter a password that’s of 8-digits.
- Basically, the password is the first four letters of your name in capitals and then your year of birth.
You can also download Aadhaar card by your name and date of birth. If you want to know the full process, please click here on how to download Aadhaar by name and DoB.
Online correction of Aadhaar card
Once you get your UIDAI Aadhaar card, there are chances that you might find some mistakes in the document. This is when you need to file for correction of the things that are wrong. You can do it by visiting your nearest Aadhaar enrolment center by visiting it with the proper documents. Also, you can do it online as well. Here’s how to do it online:
- Visit the UIDAI website or click here
- Find the option for updating or correcting your Aadhaar card.
- Fill in the details of the correction.
- Then submit the documents that are required and you’re done.
UIDAI website – uidai.gov.in
Locate enrolment centers – click here
Check status of Aadhaar – Check here
Download E Aadhaar – Download here
For online corrections and updates – Visit here
To know the process of downloading Aadhaar card by name and date of birth – Visit here
Get Aadhaar card status through phone – Click here
Link PAN to Aadhaar – The process
Link Aadhaar to mobile number – Complete process
mAadhaar help guide – Everything that you need to know
UIDAI Aadhaar card deadlines to link it with all the important documents – Link Aadhaar
Here you go, these are some of the most important information that you need to know about Aadhaar. If you have any other doubts on Aadhaar please comment below, we will try to help you out. Keep watching this space for more news on Aadhaar and other stuff.