How to transfer PF online: Undoubtedly, in the past days, it used to take months to transfer your provident fund to your new employer in case of changing the company. But now, EPFO has taken new initiatives, your PF account will be transferred automatically if you change your job.
Since a number of jobs are there in the private sector, changing a company or a job has become common. And with the change in jobs, workplace also gets changed from one city to another.
Changing a job implies to so much of paperwork, dues collection, and joining new workplace. Not only this, it also means transferring PF account from one employer to another.
Transfer PF Online
Usually, an employee has a choice either to close the old PF account and open a new one in the new company. But, transferring the funds to PF account is a wiser and better choice. Well, earlier, PF transfer process involved paperwork, form submission. But, in the present times, EPFO has launched a self-service portal, on which an employee can transfer his PF account in an easier manner.
If you are looking out to transfer PF online from your previous company to your new company, then this post is for you. Read it further to learn how you can do so!
How to link new PF account to existing UAN to transfer PF online
EPFO has launched an initiative called “One Employee – One EPF Account”. The main objective of this initiative is to view multiple PF accounts and provide facility to you to transfer the balance from your previous employer to your current employer. This you can do by linking it to your UAN.
In addition to this, the other objective of this scheme is to remove multiple Provident Fund accounts. You can check your PF number and the UAN from your salary slip. To learn the complete PF transfer process, read this entire article!
Step by Step Guide: How to transfer PF online using UAN
Here is a step-by-step guide for you to help you learn how to transfer PF online from one company to other. Before you start with the PF transfer process, make sure that you have your UAN number. For those who do not know what is UAN, we would like to tell you that your first employer assigns you the UAN. It is a Universal Account Number.
If you have your UAN with you, it is easier for you to transfer provident fund easily. If you have not got it yet, you can ask your employer to provide you with the same.
Once you have your UAN, below are the steps you need to follow so as to transfer your PF from one employer to another employer. Scroll down to read the steps!
Steps you need to follow to transfer PF online
• Visit the official website of EPFO and create your login ID based on your UAN.
• A page will be opened where you have to input your UAN along with your mobile number and other details such as your current employer, account number, establishment number etc.
• Afterwards, you need to verify whether your PF account is eligible for transfer to the EPFO website. On this page, you need to enter the location (state) of your previous employer and search it by name or the establishment number from the drop-down menu.
• Then, check eligibility after filling up your details.
• If you found your account to be eligible, then you can simply register yourself for the same on the e-portal of EPFO.
• After registration, submit a valid photo ID proof such as Aadhaar Card, Driving Licence, or PAN Card.
• Then, you will receive a PIN on your phone for the verification.
• Submit the PIN for successful verification.
• After the successful verification, this will redirect you to EPFO Member Claims Portal, where you have to provide a documentation ID and your phone number to sign in.
• After signing up, you can see all the available options.
• Then, click on “Transfer Request” from the top tabs.
• Now, you can fill the PF transfer form, which basically has three parts: Firstly, the personal information part. In this, you have to enter your name, email ID, your bank’s IFSC code, and salary account number. Secondly, in the next part, you have to fill your old PF account details. In the third part, you need to enter your current PF account details.
Note: You can get this claim attested either by your previous or your current employer. It might take some time to do it at their end.
• After filling up your form, click on “Preview” to verify your details.
• Enter the Captcha code and get the PIN. Then, click on “I Agree”.
• Afterwards, the claim transfer is initiated
If you want to check the status of your Provident Fund Transfer, you can visit the EPFO portal. So, above are the steps that would help you learn how to transfer PF online from one company to another online. Follow the steps and transfer your PF funds successfully from one company to another without any hassle.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it mandatory to transfer PF under a UAN when you switch company?
UAN stands for Unique Identification Number, which is allotted to each individual by the EPFO department. All your EPF accounts are handled under a single UAN just to make it easier for an employee as well as an employer. For this reason, whenever you join a new company, all you need to do is to quote your UAN to the employer. You do not have to transfer your old PF accounts.
- Is UAN sufficient to transfer PF (Provident Fund) from previous organisation to current one?
Since you already have a UAN, so you make use of the facility of online submission. This facility is provided by the EPFO for your PF transfer from your previous company to your current company.
- How long will it take for the transfer PF online?
As the process has become online, it usually takes 15 to 30 days now to tranfer your PF amount.
- Can I have two PF account?
- How do I know the status of my PF transfer?
- Visit the EPFO official website to check whether your claim is submitted in any of the EPFO Office or not.
- Select the EPFO office where your account is maintained and furnish your PF Account number.
- Leave the field of extension blank, in case your account does not have one.
You might also like: