Tips to Crack RRB ASM Exam 2018: The Railway Recruitment Board of India conducts RRB recruitment for various posts every year. The latest vacant post announced by the RRB is for the Assistant Station Master (ASM). Indian Railways is the most common and the largest mode of transport for the people of the country. This means, to run such a big organization you need to have ample manpower to do the job for you.
It’s because of this Indian Railways recruit thousands of people every year for various posts. RRB, the recruitment board for the Indian Railways, will be hiring as many as 50,000 candidates for the ASM post this year (as expected). Although the official notification from RRB has not been released yet, sources close to RRB have confirmed that it will hire candidates for ASM posts all across India. You can expect the RRB official notification anytime soon.
How to Crack RRB ASM Exam 2018
In this post, you’ll find the best methods to be successful in clearing the RRB ASM recruitment examination in the first attempt itself without a hiccup. It includes:
- Exclusive RRB ASM Recruitment 2018 syllabus you should only focus on
- State-wise cut off marks which decides your future and
- Important techniques that no one knows to clear this exam easily
Tips to Crack RRB ASM Exam 2018 – Steps
1. First, know the syllabus
There’s an ocean of things to learn if you start preparing for the exam without knowing the syllabus. This is why candidates appearing for the exam should keep a note of the exam syllabus, which will help them cover only the required topics instead of wasting time on non-essential parts. You need to use the syllabus to find the topics based on which most question are asked in the previous years. Start preparing by finding the easiest way to complete the syllabus within your scheduled time. It’s one of the most important Tips to Crack RRB ASM Exam 2018.
RRB ASM syllabus
- General knowledge: Indian Geography, Politics, History, Traditional culture, Arts, General Science, Chemistry, Physics, Agriculture, Defense, Space, Biology, Environment
- Current Affairs: Sports, Awards, Economy, International Affairs, Banking, and Current Events
- Arithmetic Ability: This is the section to score good marks as the problems here are based on certain formulas. Simplification, Percentages, Profit and Loss, Time and Work, Averages, Problems on Ages, Boats, and Streams, Pipes, Time and Distance, Train Problems, Data Interpretation.
- Logical Reasoning: It’s the section where your brain’s reasoning ability is tested. It doesn’t have any specific formulae. If you practice it regularly you can get through easily.
Statement and assumptions, Clocks and calendars, Number series, Verbal classification,
Statement and conclusion, Odd one out, cubes and dice, Matching definitions, Coding
and decoding, Cause and effect etc.
- English: Reading comprehension, Para jumbles, Error detection, fill in the blanks, Cloze test etc.
2. Manage your Time
Time is very important when it comes to preparing for any government examination or examination for that matter. It’s the most important thing standing between you and the job. Make sure you properly manage the available time to each section of the syllabus during preparation. Practice mock tests to administer the actual time you need on the main exam for each section.
3. Do Smart Work
Tips to Crack RRB ASM Exam: Smart work is the new trend to win on any platform, be it winning a game or clearing an exam. Smart work comprises your hard work and time management skills. You know your capabilities, syllabus and the time left to prepare for the examination. Depending upon it, you can smartly manage the time required to prepare for each section and the amount of hard work you should put to thorough in it.
4. Practice Mock Test Papers
Giving mock trials prior appearing for the exams increases your self-confidence. Try to
practice as many mock test papers as possible to make yourself ready for the various levels of the difficult problems that could come in the exam. For this, you’ll get plenty of RRB ASM Previous Year Question Papers online having answers keys to help you if you’re struck to solve any problem.
5. Practice tests within the time limit
Take RRB ASM mock test trials by keeping the actual exam time limit. It’ll help you maintain the timings between each section in the main exams. Practicing mock test papers with time limit shows the importance of time and time required to attend each question of the different sections.
6. Write Practice Test on Each Topic
An easy way to get a thorough knowledge of every concept of the syllabus is by testing yourself on each topic. It helps to know how well you have prepared. If you score fewer marks in the mock test, prepare again on the concepts and give the exam again.
7. Complete the Syllabus Few Days Before the Exam
It’s important to finish the RRB ASM Syllabus one or two weeks before the RRB ASM exam
commences. As lakhs of candidates across India are looking for Tips to Crack RRB ASM Exam and attend for this exam, you should be prepared enough to outmatch them. Completing the syllabus one or two weeks before the exam gives you enough time to practice more, and ‘PRACTICE’ is the important thing that makes a person succeed in any field.
RRB Assistant Station Master Important Dates
- Starting Date of online application: 4th April 2018 (9:00 AM)
- Last Date of Online Application: 6th May 2018
- Last Date to Pay Application fee: 6th May 2018
- Date of Examination: Will be announced later
- Apply Mode: Online only
- Official Website: www.indianrailways.gov.in
RRB ASM 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualification: Graduation from a recognized institution/university
Age limit criteria:
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Maximum Age: 32 years
- SC/ST – 5 Years
- OBC – 3 years
- PWD – 10 years
RRB ASM Selection Procedure
The selection procedure takes place in 3 stages:
- Prelims examination
- Mains examination
- Personal interview
RRB ASM Recruitment Application fee
- General and BC – Rs.500/-
- SC/ST/PWD/Female – Rs.250/-
Railway Assistant Station Master Salary
Rs.5200/- to Rs.20200/- (Grade Pay: Rs.2800/-) plus allowances
How to Prepare for Railway Assistant Station Master Exam
Tips to Crack RRB ASM Exam: If you’re a working professional or student at any university who doesn’t get enough time to prepare for topping the RRB ASM examination. You can at least focus on securing the minimum marks required to get through to the next step of the selection procedure.
RRB ASM examination includes four sections and you should at least get sectional cut off scores to match the category wise cut off to be considered by Railway Recruitment Board for the next round. To know how much efforts you need to put and how many marks you should score, you can check the below state-wise RRB ASM previous year’s category wise cut off marks. Note that it’ll differ based in the current year depending upon the number of candidates appeared and difficulty of the exam.
RRB Assistant Station Master Exam Cut Off – Region Wise
|CITY||RRB ASM Category Wise Cut off|
Follow Trickideas regularly to get More Tips and Tricks