We know already India has about 6 popular telecom service providers namely- Vodafone, Airtel, Idea, Docomo, BSNL, and recently Reliance Jio. Each telecom provider keeps coming up with better offers timely. And at times, you don’t find a good network of a certain brand at your place. One of the biggest challenges is to change your number by getting a new one of some other network. While this overcomes the network issues you had already been facing, there are additional troubles. Changing your number means having to inform each and every contact about it. This becomes really exhausting to do. This is when you might need to port your number to another network. That being said, if you have a Vodafone number, read ahead to know how to port Vodafone to another network.
Documents needed to get your number ported
- Unique porting code (read ahead to know how to get a unique porting code)
- Government issued ID proof with valid address
- One passport sized photograph
How to Port Vodafone To a Different Network
Whether you want to port your Vodafone number to Idea, Airtel, Docomo, or any other network, there are a series of steps you have to follow. Read ahead to know the steps!
- PORT<space>your Vodafone mobile number ←Send this text to 1900.
- When you send this text, you will receive a unique porting code on your number in the form of a text. This text is sent by your telecom network provider, that is, Vodafone.
- Save this unique porting code since it will be needed when you fill the form for requesting to port your Vodafone number to a different network.
- Next thing you need to do is visit the nearest network operator store of the network you want (Idea, Airtel, Aircel, Docomo, BSNL, Reliance, etc).
- You will be handed a form to be filled and will be asked the reason why you want to get your number ported to their network.
- Chances are, they might fill the form for you and choose a plan for you.
- After doing so, your documents and your photo will be attached with the form.
- After all of that is done, you are expected to pay the amount of money it takes to get your Vodafone number ported.
- After making the payment, the storekeeper will give you the new sim card. While you have the sim card, it still takes about a week’s time to port your number to the new network. When you fill the form to port Vodafone number and complete the process, your Vodafone sim gets automatically deactivated.
How to Port Vodafone To a Different State
The reason why you need to port your Vodafone number to a different state is to get rid of roaming charges. When you buy a sim for one state, and then move to another state, that is when roaming charges become a headache. That is why you get your number ported. You have to follow the same steps mentioned above for porting your Vodafone number to a different State.
Customer Care Numbers For Help
When you face any trouble while completing the process of porting or your number doesn’t get ported, you can call the customer care number and find out what the reason is and get a solution. Following are the toll-free numbers of different telecom network providers in case you need help.
|Telecom network||toll-free number|
Since services have become better, it no more makes sense to get a new number. All you have to do is follow the simple steps mentioned in this article and you are good to go!