New 2000 Rupees Note
- New 2000 Rupees Note
- How does New 2000 Rupees Note Look ?
- Some Key Identity of 2000 Note
- What Is The Technology Used in New Notes ?
- What Are The Benefits Of New Rs.2000 Note ?
- How Will I Get Rs.2000 Notes ?
- Highlights Of PM Modi Speech On Rs.2000 New Note
- How Can I Save My Existing Money ?
- What Happens To Other Value Notes ?
- Today’s Latest News From RBI
– As you all know, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced New 2000 Rupees Note. Also, the other major announcement made by PM Modi on 8th October 2016, is that the notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 denomination will be cease to hold any legal tender from Midnight November 9.
New 2000 rupees notes will be letter “R” series bank notes. New notes will be made publicly available from 11 November 2016. All the decisions regarding the new Indian currency notes has been taken by Indian RBI Governor Mr. Urjit R. Patel. Not only this, these new notes has some really advanced technology in them about which I will share the details in this post.
According to the Govt. Authorities, Using Rs. 2000 will let people carry lesser hard money. This will ultimately drive people to use more plastic money i.e. Credit card or debit card or e-wallets like Paytm, Freecharge and Mobikwik.
How does New 2000 Rupees Note Look ?
With New 2000 rupees note come a new design of Indian currency. The new design of the note entails Pink colour layout. As you can see in the below image, the new note has a a printed Mahatma Gandhi in the Front and Mangalyaan on the back side of the note. These amazing new notes will be issued by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) with effect from 11th November 2016. The new ₹ 2000 denomination notes has letter ‘R’ which became the official symbol of Indian currency. New 2000 Rupees Note bears the signature of Dr. Urjit R. Patel, the recent Governor of Reserve Bank of India.
Some Key Identity of 2000 Note
Front Side of New 2000 Rupees Note :
- A clear print of 2000 number in numeric.
- Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre
- Numerical numbers of २००० in Devnagari language.
- Their is a security thread on which ‘भारत’ is written. On every consecutive step color of the thread changes from green to blue.
- Very small sized letters ‘RBI’ and ‘2000’ on the left side of 2000 rs note.
- When seen through in the air, denominational numeral 2000 appears.
- Reserve Bank of India, Governor’s Signatures along with the Promise clause about the Indian currency.
- Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right of the note.
- Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (2000) watermarks.
- Bank note series number with size increasing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
- Reserve bank of India written on Top left and Top right side in both Hindi & English language.
- Two Thousand Rupees written in the Top middle of the note, above Gandhi Ji’s portrait.
- Dimension of the new note will be 66 mm × 166 mm.For Visually Impaired People
This time RBI has included special technique in the new note which would definitely help visually impaired people.
- A embraced printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, bleed lines and identity mark.
- Horizontal rectangle with ₹2000 in raised printing on the bottom right
- Seven angular bleed lines on either sides in raised prints.
Reverse or Back Side of the Note :
The back side or the reverse side of the new rs 2000 note is completely different from the front side. Their are various logical message like cleanliness and technological advancement on the back side of the note. Let’s have a look :
- The note has the logo of Swachh Bharat Abhayan along with slogan.
- ₹2000 written on three corners except bottom left corner.
- Year of printing of the note i.e. 2016 shown on the left side.
- A word “SPECIMEN” is written in the centre of the note.
- A picture of Mangalayan which was send by ISRO. This shows the huge accomplishment made by India.
- Again, as shown on the front side, Denominational numeral २००० in Devnagari is their on the back side as well.
What Is The Technology Used in New Notes ?
- Durable Paper Quality: Unlike the older notes by RBI, the new notes have better paper quality. The new notes have a bit element of plastic along with the paper. These notes can last for several years more than the older notes.
- New Designs: As you can see in the above images, The new Rupees 2000 banknotes are different from the older bank notes. They have different Colour, Size, Theme, Placemnet of security features and other elements. The size of the note is a bit smaller than the previous one.
Trick Tip: You must have also heard that the new rs 2000 notes will have an embeded GPS system. But I would like to tell you that their is no such technology used in the new notes and it was just a Rumor.
What Are The Benefits Of New Rs.2000 Note ?
Well all know Rs. 2000 note will be the highest value denomination note ever issued by Reserve Bank of India (RBI). There are some benefits of new 2000 rupees note, so I’m going to list them below:
- As the new note is higher in value, this will help you to make bigger transaction easily without carrying heavy bunch of cash.
- The major benefit is that, It will help to fight against money hoarding(keeping money) and money laundering.
- Their are large number of fake Rs.500 & Rs.1000 currency notes that are circulating in Indian Economy. Thus, using the new notes will eradicate the use of the fake notes and help government. As a result, there will be no fake notes as the new notes are highly secure and redesigned.
How Will I Get Rs.2000 Notes ?
New Rs.2000 notes will be available from 11th November 2016 all over India. Government has already printed the notes and have asked for two days to circulated them to the banks. Government has decided few places where the new bank notes will be widely available. Just have a look below, so that you do not have any issue to get new currency notes.
- Govt. & Private Banks
- ATM Machines
- Main and Sub Post Offices in India
Highlights Of PM Modi Speech On Rs.2000 New Note
Video Description: In the above video you can see our beloved Prime Minister, Narendra Modi giving the speech. In the speech he address about the new Rs. 2000 value notes being introduced in Indian economy.
You can also have a look at https://www.rbi.org.in/ to know about more information on Indian govt. website.
How Can I Save My Existing Money ?
First of their is No need to panic, unless you have huge amount Black Money 😀
You can just follow the below steps to save your existing Money:
- Firstly, Collect all the Rs.500 & Rs.1000 notes that you have at your home.
- Once you have collected the money, Just bundle them into Rs.4000 each.
- Now, One by one take these bundles to your nearest Bank or Post office along with your Adhar Card or PAN Card.
- If you go to any Post office, then the officials will give you New Rs.2000 notes and keep the old notes. While if you go to any bank, there you can exchange or even submit your money.
What Happens To Other Value Notes ?
I have seen a lot of people asked about this question. Many people are confused that what will happen to notes of other denomination or value. I would like to tell you that all the notes such as Rs.1, Rs.5, Rs.10, Rs.20, Rs.50 and Rs.100 will work as normal. Also the coins of different values such as Rs.1, Rs.2, Rs.5 and Rs.10 will work as normal money. Hence, You can easily and freely use all your money.
Today’s Latest News From RBI
- Withdrawal Limits: You can withdraw a maximum of Rs. 10,000 per day or Rs. 20,000 per week. These withdrawal limits will soon be lifted in coming days.
- Useless: Rs.500 & Rs.1000 notes will be demonetized and cannot be used for any trading purpose or sale/purchase after 11th November.
- Exchange: You can exchange your old Rs.500 and Rs.1000 notes at Post offices or Banks in India.
- Update: All ATM machines and Financial Institution including Banks will be closed for Public dealings from November 9 to 10th.
- PM Narendra Modi also announced that all the Online transactions, electronic funds, DD, Check and non-cash payments will remain unaffected.
Hope you like this post. Moreover,If you have any specific question about New 2000 rupees note or query just ask the question in the comments below and I will surely reply you with an answer. 🙂