Facebook is undoubtedly one of the most popular social media networks that people use. It’s a platform where you can easily connect with your friends and family members, share pictures, videos, and even send and receive messages. This means that you have the access to thousands of videos and pictures that your friends and family share. While pictures are easily downloadable on Facebook, you don’t get to download or save the videos present on Facebook. Basically, Facebook doesn’t let you download the videos on any of the devices. However, worry not there are some tricks that can help you download Facebook videos for free.
You might think that it’s a joke and you cannot download facebook videos, but it’s not the case. All these methods provided in the articles are tried and tested and are more than capable of helping you in downloading videos from Facebook.
You might now think why do you need to download Facebook videos. Well, we have an answer for that as well.
Why do you need to download Facebook videos?
Here are some of the reasons why you might need to download a Facebook video:
- You find a video on Facebook that’s informative and you want to keep it for future reference.
- Your friends have posted some videos that you are a part of and you want to download it.
- You find an interesting video that you want to share on your Instagram or other social media profiles.
- Facebook creates special videos for your birthday, friendship anniversaries, year overview videos, and many other occasions. You might want to download them and keep them with you.
- You and your friends are live on Facebook and you want to save the video in your phone storage.
These are some of the reasons why you might need to download Facebook videos. Now that you know the reasons, you might be wondering how can you download Facebook videos? If that’s the case then worry not, we have got you covered. Here are the tricks and methods that can help you download videos directly from Facebook.
How to save videos from Facebook?
There are more than one ways of saving videos from Facebook. You can download the Facebook videos directly, or even can use a software that is available to download a video. Let’s discuss in detail on how to download video from Facebook?
How to download Facebook videos to computer?
This is probably one questions which have been bugging most of the people using Facebook. If you’re one of them, here are some tricks and methods to download Facebook videos to your computer.
Method 1: Using Facebook Mobile website
This is probably one of the easiest methods to download Facebook videos to your computer. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Open the video that you want to download.
- Once the video starts playing, right-click on it and look for the option that says “show video URL”
- Click on the option of “show video URL”
- Once you click on it, you’ll see the complete URL of the video.
- Select the complete URL and copy it.
- Once you have copied the URL, all you need to do is go to another tab or another browser.
- Paste the URL into the URL bar of the new tab.
- Now change the www to m. Now your URL will look m.facebook.com not www.facebook.com.
- Once you do that, the video will be opened on another page.
- Start playing the video.
- While the video plays right click on it and you’ll find the option of “Save video as”
- Now choose a name for the video.
- Select the folder you want to download and save the video. This will start the download.
Method 2: Using online websites that let you download Facebook videos
If you search download Facebook videos online on Google, you’ll find various results of websites that help you in downloading Facebook videos. Websites, like KeepVid and DownVids. These Online websites help you download Facebook videos for free without any hassles. Here are the steps you need to follow to download videos from Facebook.
- Go to your Facebook News Feed.
- Look for a video that you might want to download.
- Click on the video to start playing it.
- Once the video plays, right-click on the video
- Find an option that says “Show video URL”
- Click on the option.
- Copy the URL that you find.
- Open KeepVid.com or DownVid.net.
- Paste the URL of the video where you find the URL box.
- Now choose the quality you want your video to be downloaded in.
- Then click on the quality and the download will start automatically.
Download the videos that you posted on Facebook
There are many times when you share a video on Facebook and then you delete it. Once you do that, there’s nothing that can recover it. However, Facebook keeps the videos and you can download those videos whenever you want. Here are the steps that will help you in downloading your own facebook videos.
- Open Facebook and go to the Photos section in your Facebook profile.
- You’ll find the more option below the cover photo. Once you find it click the more option and select videos.
- In the videos section, select your videos option. This will open all the videos that you’ve posted.
- Search for the video that you want to download.
- Once you find the video, click on the Edit and Remove icon in the top right corner of the video.
- You’ll see a menu opening and from there, select the quality you want the video to be either Download HD or Download SD option.
- Once you select anything the download will start automatically.
Easy steps to download Facebook live videos
After the launch of the Facebook Live feature, many people have started making live videos of various things. This feature has helped people in many ways. If you want to save or download a Facebook Live video, we have got you covered. Here are the steps that can help you download Facebook Live videos:
- Find the video in your news feed or in the profile.
- Once you Find the video click on the timestamp of the video (it’s basically the upload time and date shown just below the video). This will make the video pop up.
- On your right, you will the details of the video and the comments. You’ll also find 3 dots on the top of all those.
- Once you click on the three dots, you’ll find and drop down menu and from there select Download Video.
How to download Facebook videos on mobile?
Now that you know how you can download videos from Facebook to your computer, let’s now see how you can download the Facebook videos in mobile.
You might agree to the fact that most people of the present generation prefer browsing on their smartphones rather than a PC or a Laptop. This has been proven through various studies that have found that more than 60% of people use their smartphones to browse through social media profiles. It means that most of the people check the Facebook videos on their mobiles and smartphones.
If you’re one of them, you need to learn how you can download the Facebook videos on your mobile or smartphone.
How to download Facebook videos in Android phones?
Here are some of the methods that can help you download the videos on Facebook on your Android phone:
Method 1: Using Google Chrome
This method requires no additional apps. Follow the steps that are provided below and download the video from Facebook:
- Open the Facebook app present on your Android tablet or smartphone.
- Find and select the video that you want to save or download on phone storage.
- Copy the link of the Facebook video by tapping the three dots in the top-right corner.
- Once copied, open Google Chrome app on your mobile.
- Visit facebook.com.
- Paste the link into the address bar and open the link.
- Now start the video.
- Press and hold the play button present on the video.
- You’ll see an option pop up on the screen saying Download Video.
- Click on the option.
- The download will start.
Method 2: Using savefrom.net
- Open Facebook on your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Click and play the video that you want to save.
- On the top-right corner of your smartphone screen, you’ll see three vertical dots to open a drop-down box, click on the 3 dots.
- From the options that you see click on “save video“.
- After selecting the ”save video” option, return back to your Facebook profile menu, go down and click on the saved videos and your saved videos will appear.
- Choose the Facebook video that you want to download. Once selected again tap on the 3 dots present on the left. You’ll now see another drop-down list of options that’ll pop up, select on copy link.
- Open the browser on your Android device. no matter what one is installed on your phone may it be Opera mini, UC web, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or any other. Open the browser and open the website www.savefrom.net
- Once it opens you will see a box with ”enter the URL”, which is the URL box.
- Long press on the URL box and you’ll get the paste option from a pop-up. Select the option and paste the Facebook video link that you had copied. Wait for some time as it will automatically get you a download button. It will also give you an option to select the quality format that you want the video in.
- Click on the download button and that’s it.
How to download Facebook videos on iPhone?
- Visit the App Store on your iOS device and search for a web browsing app named Browser and File Manager for Documents. Once you find it download and install it on your device.
- Once installed, open the app on your iPhone.
- You can see an address bar on the top of the app. Select it and then type the following link: pickvideo.net. This website or platform enables you to save and download videos from all the social media platforms, like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and others as well.
- Once the website opens, select Facebook from the list of sites that are supported by the website.
- Paste the link of the Facebook video in the search box present in the app and then click on the download button.
- The page will automatically reload and will open and display the download link. Go to the bottom of the page and you can easily spot the download button. Tap and hold it for some time and select Download from the options which will come as a pop-up.
- Once you do it, the app will automatically begin downloading the video. You can also view the download progress by going to the downloads tab present in the app.
- After the download gets completed, switch to the tab that says Files. There you can find all the videos that you’ve downloaded.
- Tap on the dots icon present next to the video that you downloaded and then select open in from the menu that comes out.
- You’ll now see the iOS Share Sheet, where you can click on Save Video to save the downloaded Facebook video to the Photos app.
- Now that you’ve completed the above-mentioned processes, you can directly view it from the Camera Roll album in the Photos app.
You can also use the same method to download Facebook videos from savefrom.net. All you need to do is just follow the same processes that are mentioned above in the How to download Facebook videos to Android mobile using saveform.net method and instead of using the website pickvideo.net as used above, you can use savefron.net. Then follow the same procedure and there you go, you’ll get the video downloaded on your iOS device.
These are all the methods and steps using which you can download Facebook videos to your computer, Android devices, or even iOS devices without any hassles. All these methods are tried and tested so that they could make your experience of downloading of Facebook videos seamlessly easy. So, what are you waiting for? Try out these methods and let us know about your experience in the comments.
There are other methods of downloading Facebook videos as well and we will keep updating them. Meanwhile, if you know some good methods of downloading Facebook videos then you are more than welcome to mention them in the comments below. You can also view all other articles present in trickideas by visiting the homepage.