Aadhaar is now mandatory for many essential tasks such as filing of income tax returns (ITRs). It is, therefore, paramount for Aadhaar holders to check and ensure that their details fed into the Aadhaar database are accurate. But do you know how to check Aadhar Card status online?
Enrolment for an obtaining an Aadhaar number or updates in details given on the biometrics-based identity takes up to 90 days for completion. This was said by UIDAI or Unique Identification Authority of India, which issues the 12-digit Aadhaar card, on microblogging site Twitter.
The status of an individual’s Aadhaar card can be determined easily through the internet by making use of the UIDAI’s online portal as well as through one’s mobile phone via an SMS or text message. Both methods are hassle-free processes and are extremely simple to use.
Therefore, we bring to you a step-by-step guide on how to check Aadhar card status along with all the frequently asked questions about the same. This may be a long read but definitely prove to be an informative one.
How can I apply for an Aadhar Card online?
The very first step in applying for an Aadhar card, assuming that you have all the document you’ll need, will be to book the appointment and then visiting the enrollment center. You can book an appointment by visiting the official website of UIDAI.
The first step is to find an enrollment center near you. Once you have found the center, you can book an appointment online. If you don’t want to book an appoints, you can even visit the center without one but an appointment will save you a lot of time and effort.
On the day of the appointment, you need to ensure that you are present well in advance of the time appointed so that there is no possibility of missing it. Once you are at the center, here are the things you will be expected to do:
- Fill out the enrollment form. You can fill up the form before you go for the appointment too since it is available online.
- Once you have filled up the form, submit it along with the supporting documents.
- The supporting documents will include a proof of identity and a proof of address.
- Once the documents are submitted and they are accepted, you will have to submit biometric data too. This will include an impression of your fingerprints and your iris.
- They will also take a photograph of you for the records.
- Once all the details are collected, you are done for the day but make sure you don’t leave without taking the acknowledgment slip of your enrolment. This will have your 14 digit enrolment number on it which will help you keep a check on the status of your application.
How can I check Aadhar Card Status?
If you want to know how to check Aadhar card status online, then there is nothing to worry about. As a matter of fact, Aadhaar status can be checked online by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of the UIDAI
- Towards the right bottom of the screen head to the ‘Aadhaar Services’ section, which displays a link to ‘Enrolment/Download E-aadhaar/Update’
- After clicking on this link you will be directed to the Aadhaar Kiosk, which displays a number of options with regards to Aadhaar enrollment as well as updation and status checks
- On this page choose the third option on the left, which says ‘Check Aadhaar Status’
- After clicking this option you will be directed to a page where you can check the status of your Aadhaar
However, you will probably have to enter some of the details mentioned below in order to gain access to your Aadhar card status.
- Enrolment ID – Enter your Enrolment ID in this space. The Enrolment ID should be in the following format EID(1234/12345/12345)
- Date and Time – Enter the Date and Time in the next space. The Date and Time should be entered in the following format (dd/mm/yyyy and hh:mm:ss)
- Security Code – Enter the security code displayed on the screen.
Once you have filled all the blanks, Click the ‘Check Status’ button at the bottom of the screen to see your status displayed online.
How to check Aadhar Card Status by Name
In order to check your Aadhar card status by name, all you need to do is click the option to Retrieve Lost EID/UID on next page; it prompts you to retrieve the EID or UID no. At this stage, you are looking for the status of your UID generation so keep the option as EID. Once done, follow the steps listed below to complete your search. With these, you can well answer your question of how to check Aadhar card status by name.
- Enter your correct personal details.
- Full Name as per the acknowledgment slip.
- Email as per the details provided at the time of enrollment.
- Mobile as per the records at the time of enrollment
- Enter security code.
- Click on Send One Time Password.
- You will receive the OTP on the registered mobile or registered email.
- Enter the OTP and verify it.
- You will receive the status of your Aadhar card on the screen whether it’s generated or not.
How to check Aadhar Card status enquiry phone number
If you know how to check Aadhar card status but not with an enquiry number, you can check your Aadhaar Status through your SMS. Type “UID STATUS <14 digit enrolment number>”. For example, your enrollment number is 12345612345689 go to SMS window and type UID STATUS12345612345689
Send the SMS to 51969. If your Aadhaar Card has already been issued, you will receive a message stating your Aadhaar card number. In case Aadhaar Card is not generated yet, you will receive a text message giving you the current status of your Aadhaar card.
How to check Aadhar Card Update Status
Since the Aadhar Card is important in many banking facilities and in getting government benefits, make sure the details on the card are accurate and up-to-date with details such as the address. Hence, let us take a look as to why we need it and how to apply for it before we get into checking the Aadhar card update status.
Simply follow the given steps, below to be able to apply for an update/change/correction in Aadhar card details:
- Go to UIDAI’s website for changing Aadhar details.
- You will be asked for your Aadhar number. Enter the same.
- Click on the Send ‘OTP’ button.
- Once you receive the One Time Password (OTP) on your linked mobile number enter the same on the screen.
- Also, enter the Captcha code and submit.
- On the ‘Data Update Request’ tab, that now will flow on your screen enter the details that you need to change on the form.
- You would next need to browse and update the soft/digital copies of the supporting documents for the change/update or correction.
- You will be given a URN number, which is absolutely essential for checking your update status later. So, please keep the URN number saved carefully.
Once you have applied for the change or update in your details for the aadhar card on the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal, you need to return to the website to check the status. Follow the given steps below, on how to check aadhar card status:
- You need to enter a few details to check the status.
- First, your Aadhar number which is a 12-digit number that can be found on your card.
- You need to then enter the URN. This number was given to you when you applied for the change online.
- Click on ‘Get Status’.
- Your update status would appear on the screen.
How can I get my e-Aadhar card online?
There are two different methods to check the status of your Aadhaar card. One is through SMS and the other method is through the official web portal i.e., online method. Here are the simple steps that help users download Aadhaar card using Enrolment ID:
- First of all, navigate to the official web portal of UIDAI.
- You need to choose the right option from Aadhaar No (UID) or Enrolment No (EID).
- If you have your EID number, you can download your Aadhaar card with much ease.
- You need to enter some of your details like full name and pin code in the provided fields.
- After that, type the Captcha Code that appears on the screen.
- Provide your registered mobile number in the respective field so as to receive One Time Password to your phone.
- Enter the OTP in the given field. You can then hit on ‘Validate and Download’ button that appears on the screen.
- In just a few moments, you can see a pop-up window that provides download option.
- That’s it! You can now download your Aadhaar card in PDF format.
How can I change the address in Aadhar Card?
If you have recently moved to a new address or if there are mistake(s) in the address, you can apply for Aadhar card change of address/ address correction online as well as through post. However, having a mobile phone number is necessary to apply for a change of address/address correction online. The online update portal will send an OTP (One Time Pin) to your mobile phone number.
For a change of address/ address correction in Aadhar card, a self-attested Proof of Address document is required. For kids, who may not have any address proof, parent/guardian’s Proof of Address document is accepted. Clearly, write your Aadhar number on all document copies. Your name must be clearly written below the signatures/thumbprint when self-attesting the Proof of Address document. For children below five years, parent/guardian can fill and sign/provide thumbprint in the Aadhar Card change request form and supporting document copies.
You can apply for AADHAAR card change of address/address correction online, by following these 3 easy steps:
- Login to AADHAAR card Online Self Service Update Portal using your AADHAAR number
- Submit your AADHAAR card change of address/address correction request online
- Upload supporting self-attested Proof of Address document (soft copy) for the change of address online
You will be required to submit the AADHAAR card change of address/address correction request in English as well as your local language (except numeric values such as pin code, which needs to be entered only in English). Once the change of address/address correction request is submitted you will be given your AADHAAR card Update Request Number. Save this number to track the change of address/address correction request status check and future references. Your AADHAAR card change request information will be verified by UIDAI representative and upon successful validation, the changes will be reflected in your AADHAAR card and the same will be communicated to you.
Aadhar Card download with your Aadhar number
If you Aadhaar has been generated. Congratulations! you can now download e-Aadhar Card from the e-aadhar portal. All you have to do is simply follow the steps given below:
- Enter Enrollment No. and Date Time (EID)
- Enter Your name and Pincode.
- Enter the code shown and click on Submit.
- Now download your e-Aadhar Card.
- Now take aadhar card print out.
UIDAI Aadhar Update
Now that you have ample knowledge about how to check Aadhar card status as well as all the information surrounding the topic, you should keep in mind to check up on all of all the updates that UIDAI has in store for citizens with a valid Aadhar card.