In India, it is necessary to open EPF account. But when it comes to creating it, you cannot open it on your own with your name. It is usually opened by the employer on your behalf. The employee and the employer both have to deposit the exact equal amount.
Employee Provident Fund is basically implemented by EPFO. If there are more than 20 employees in a company, then it’s mandatory for it to create an EPF account. In order to open a PF account, you as an employee would have to sign a form with all his personal details. In addition to this, your employee has to give the name of the PF account.
Once the form is signed and sent to the EPFO, then PF account number will be generated for you as well as your employer. And then you will be able to deposit funds into your account every month.
In this article, you will get to learn the steps to open EPF account online. Read the entire post to understand complete procedure!
How to Open an EPF Account Online
- To open your EPF account online, you are required to follow the steps given below:
Visit the official website of EPFO i.e www.epfoservices.in and click on “Register” button.
- Enter the name of the state where your company is located including the code for the region as well as the office. You can select the codes from the menu after entering the state.
- In the next step, you will be required to input your Establishment Code along with your company details, PAN Card details, and the authorized signatory.
- Once you are done with this, you will receive a verification pin on your mobile number. Not only this, you would also be asked to agree to certain terms and conditions for successful registration.
- After agreeing to the terms and conditions, you will receive an SMS with your temporary login credentials including the username and password. You can also go back to the first screen to sign in.
- Once you are signed in, make sure that you have changed your password.
Following the above steps, you will be able to open EPF account. In addition to this, you will also be able to monitor all the transactions online.
There are companies for those it is not mandatory to provide PF account to the employees. For this reason, people working in companies like these have a benefit that they might have an account either with Post Office or State Bank of India. But, the employer is not responsible to deposit any amount in such accounts on behalf of employees. Follow the steps given in the post to create PF account online if your company has the provision of opening the Provident fund account for employees.
You might also like: